Thursday, September 1, 2011

D-Day, a.k.a. Day 1.

I can't get on Facebook today. GAH. I'm gonna have withdrawls. I never thought of myself as one of those Facebook addicted people, but it's a really difficult thing to give up. I almost logged on when I first got up this morning. That's saying something. I have to wake up and see what's happened between when I went to sleep and then. The more I think about it, the more pathetic that seems. Nothing ever changes on Facebook, and I always scroll through to make sure I haven't missed any important news. How unnecessary is that? I haven't yet done my brain tests. I'll hopefully be doing them by noon. I'm going to make copies of the blank ones so I can do the EXACT same test on day 90. The next book I'm reading, How to Make a Good Brain Great, says that its methods can improve brain function in 15 days. I'm hoping to start reading it next week, so I'll be testing its methods for approximately 80 days. It's been proven to work, so maybe I'll just become exceptional instead of great. Or maybe after 15 days I'll peak. You never know. I'm currently working on "word splits". I've been doing good, getting each one in 10-15 seconds. It gets easier after you've completed a few. Your brain starts to develop dendrites for new skills after one to two times of doing them. By my fourth or fifth test, I could see the patterns. When I go to AP Government this afternoon I'll have to see what website has this "daily brain set test" and start trying to complete it on my own instead of with the class. I'll also have to start getting better with my ambedextrosity. I know that I said that limiting my internet use was my first goal, but as I've studied it further, even though I will be keeping my Facebook to five minutes a day and won't go mindlessly searching the internet, it doesn't mean I have to go anti-internet. The point is to just make sure I'm not jeopardizing my attention span. I'm going to read all internet articles ALL THE WAY THROUGH and basically just use the internet for some of my brain tests. Well, I'll comment more on what happens with the rest of today in tomorrow's post.

See you later.
Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment