Monday, August 29, 2011

Getting Ready for D-Day

Sorry for not posting this weekend. Not much happened in the way of my neuropsychological abilities. It was just a really crazy time. But anyway, it's over with now and I'm just going to forget about it. Other than the fact that I saw Andy Schleck. But that's not what this blog is about, so let's get back on topic. Thursday will be day 1. I'm starting to get nervous. Technology is like an addiction. I'm probably going to go through a withdrawl phase. I just don't know how bad it's going to be. I'm blessed with the powers of strong will, discipline, and self-control, so maybe I can make a smooth transition. I kinda sorta forgot to mention that someone pretty important to me will also be leaving on September 1st, so if my posts sound a little "off" for a while, that's why. He won't be back until after this whole thing is over. But I'm getting off topic again. In Nicholas Carr's book I'm currently learning about the history of writing and it's impact on our neurological development. Apparently, when writing first started there were no spaces in between the words. Though this seems impractical and confusing, it actually helped people use more of their brains. Ibetyou'regoingtohavetothinkalittlebitharderwhenyou'rereadingthissentence,aren'tyou? People had to decipher where words began and ended, and a lot was left up to interpretation. As interesting as it is, writing was becoming a universal communacation tool, so they had to simplify it. I also rediscovered that the order of letters in a word doesn't matter as long as the first and last letters are in the right place. Wried, ins't it? You can sltil raed tihs, bceuase yuor barin can rcgeoinze waht I'm tyrnig to say. This is because we've been trained to skim. Whole words seem unnecessary. So yeah. I'm messing with my words. But I'm going to get back to reading now. More tomorrow.

Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment