Saturday, September 3, 2011

The 3 Day Weekend

Sorry about that blank post. Turns out I can't post from my iPod, and I didn't have a computer for most of this 3 day weekend. I decided to just consolidate all of the posts into one that I would write today. It wasn't much of an eventful weekend. Well, not for my brain anyway. I finished The Shallows and have moved onto How to Make a Good Brain Great. This is my first time reading a self-help book. From what I've seen so far, it's extremely cheesy and repetitive. Hopefully it has some good information. I wish I could get a SPECT brain scan. It shows brain activity. If I could get one of those when this 3 months is up, I'd be extremely excited. Is it going to happen? Probably not. A girl can hope. I've had to start getting on the internet more lately, as a means of communication with people I work with, but I'm making sure that I only read things that are pertinent and I read things all the way through. It's weird thinking that your brain controls everything about you. Like, even stuff that we consider to be "instinct" or "gut feeling." Like, that fact that you prefer apples to peaches is completely brain function. Sexual desire, appreciation of praise, and striving for success are all also brain functions. If our brains aren't functioning properly, it can completely change who we are. The same applies to when our brains are at optimal performance. The rest of our body will be performing optimally as well. In this past week, I've been doing extremely well. I got a cold a few days ago, but I'm trying to not let it get me down. The sneezing is frustrating, but it's alright. The lack-of-a-certain-person is a lot worse. It's been taking some getting used to. It's hard to believe it's still been less than a week. I think that because I can't even talk to said person makes it worse. But hey- it's all brain function. Maybe I can make it so even though I miss him, I stay completely content. I mean, I can change my brain however I want, right? Or I can try, at least. Well, I'll keep reading and let you know how it goes.

Have a good rest of your day,
Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment