Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Brief Introduction

Well hello there, Blogger. Long time, no see. Anyway, for all of you readers of my first public blog: Hi. I'm Isabella. I'm currently a senior in high school. I have decided to embark on a neuropsychological journey. My goal is from September 1st to December 1st to become more aware of my consciousness and hopefully see what I can do to increase my brain's limits. When I was young, I was classified as a genius with an IQ of 148 and I took tests which revealed that I was extremely gifted. I feel like I've lost touch with my blessing of intelligence over time. Whether it be because of technology, what I've had in my diet, puberty, or just because I haven't been working my brain enough, I feel like I've become less aware of my capablilties. That's the point of this blog. I'm studying neuropsychology and neurophysiology books in search of information about what I can do to be "smarter" or "more aware." Currently I'm reading The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr. One thing I'm going to do is limit my use of the internet. I will allow myself five minutes of social networking a day, time to write one blog post about my progress, and use for school as required. I'm going to limit how much I text, and will try to call people or talk in person as much as I can, especially if I need to have a real conversation. I have no clue if any of this stuff will make a difference, but if it does, you'll definitely hear about it in this blog. Well, that's all I have for today. I'll let you know how my reading's going in these next few days, and September 1st will be the day I start documenting everything.
Thanks for reading,
Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment