Friday, August 26, 2011

An Update on My Reading and My Course of Action

Hi again. I'm now about one third of the way through Nicholas Carr's book. The more I read, the more interested I get. I'm starting to realize how difficult it's going to be to get away from Facebook. Once I log on, time seems to fly. I'll scan page after page and soon it will have been 20, then 30, then 40 minutes. I'm probably going to set a timer and hope that I can force myself away. I'll also document my diet, excercise, and brain activity patterns. I've decided that I'll pick out a few brain testing activities (Sudoku, memorization, etc.) and see how long it takes me to complete them on the first day. I'll complete the same exact tests at the end of the 3 months and see how much time I've dropped. This is like my own intense version of Brain Age. Remember that game for Nintendo DS? It was more relevant than most people thought. Those activities are very good ways of stimulating brain activity in the prefrontal cortex. But I'm going for more than that. I want to experiment with as many parts of the brain as I can. Plus, Nintendo DS falls under intellectual technologies, so I won't be using it. I'll start doing activities from the "Brain in the Bag" program along with Sudoku puzzles and juggling. I'll write with both hands to increase my ambedextrosity. Anything ideas I come across, I'm willing to try. Well, it's time to keep reading.

Wish me luck,
Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment